Hi, This is Anshu from Blooms And Bugs, did you guys miss me? I’m back with a T-shirt pattern and tutorial for your sewing pleasure.
Here is a really fun boy print from Clothworks. Its called City Streets by Jamie Wood. When I received the fabric, the first thing that came to my mind was Raglan T-shirts. However, all the T-shirts need to have some stretch in them which is not present in cotton wovens. I kept thinking about how I could use the prints I liked so much and still have the flexibility of T-shirts. Finally I found the answer, I just need to mix in some knits and we will be good to go. So I made one Raglan Tee, and then I made some more, and I love them all.
Half yard City Streets Print from Clothworks ( SKU- Y0980-31)
Half yard Knit fabric in coordinating color
Pattern: Download the pdf pattern for Raglan T-shirt ( size -2T). Print on 8.5×11″ paper with no margin.
The pattern should look like this once you put the pages together.
Sewing margin : 3/8 inch
1. Cut out the pattern pieces
2. Sleeves and body are sewn together just like in peasant dresses tutorial ( look at the step 2).
3. Cut out the neckbands and cuffs for the sleeves. The rule of thumb I use is that they are two-third+1 inch of the length we need to cover and 3 inches wide.
4. Sew the shorter ends( right sides together)
5. Fold in half onto themselves.
6. Align the raw edges of the band and the sleeves, pin and sew.
7. Turn out!
8. I had also added a knit fabric band at the bottom of the first shirt I made. For that I took a 5 inch wide band about two inch shorter than the hem length and sew it at the hem in the same way as we did the cuffs and neck band. In the second shirt I just folded the hemline twice to hem it. You could do whichever way you like better but if you are planning on adding a band at the bottom, remove the bottom 2 inches from the pattern to allow for the extra length.
Rinse and repeat!