The home-dyeing goodness continues! I am making some serious headway on the Domiciles quilt so I wanted to share that with you. The dyed fabrics are SO cool! At first I didn’t feel precious about them at all but seeing them all sewn together and appreciating the variety in palette is making me reconsider. In honor of this milestone, I finally have my ducks in a row to do a REALLY GOOD giveaway of fabric and dye. Scroll down to see Domiciles and here’s what I’ve got for you:
1. 6 bottles of RIT dye!!!! (Thank you so much RIT!)
2. 3 yards of Clothworks basics of varying collections–Impressions Moire, Impressions Sprig and Impressions Flora (with a little bit of Everyday Organic Solids white thrown in).
Photo by Dawndra Budd Photography
And, the other reason for this is that I forgot to post this lovely picture of my darling son wearing a shirt that we dyed in ombre style. Those ombres are really trending so we thought we’d try our hand at it. I think we did alright, though the darkest section has a bit of a line.
Here are the rules:
1. Head to facebook and enter the contest via our facebook page. I am trying something new so if you have feedback, please feel free to let me know. I think it should be pretty simple and good.
2. Contest ends Thursday, August 1st at midnight Pacific Time.
3. Contest is only open to US residents
4. Prize must be claimed within 7 business days of contest ending.
Don’t forget to go check out other Aardvark Quilts patterns. They are very beautiful. The designer over there also has a fabric collection coming out (not with Clothworks) and it looks really cool. She’s got a really great hand! What you see there are just the bigger house blocks which have been very easy to make. Bonnie has been diligently paper piecing the smaller house blocks and I will reveal those soon. They are looking super cute and perfect, of course. Bonnie is amazing!