Boy, that blog post title is a real mouthful!! Last week we announced our sponsorship of Quiltcon and that we would be helping two wonderful quilters get a quilt into the juried quilt show. Well, we can’t help what gets in, but we can give a scholarship for the registration fee + provide fabric. So, here is how you can enter.
1. Take a look at the Quiltcon Quilt Show categories here and give a little thought to whether or not any of those strike your fancy. If one of the categories does AND you think you will complete a quilt and submit a picture of it by November 30, 2012, you’re in good shape. We are sponsoring the Small Quilts Modern Traditionalism Category, but you certainly do not have to choose that category. Please pick any category you like. Also, here are the complete Quiltcon Entry rules.
2. Leave a comment here telling us a little bit about your concept/idea and choose 1-2 fabrics from our website that you will incorporate in your creation(2 yards total). Be sure to make note of the date when they ship because we can only send you fabric that is actually in stock!! Please share this post on Facebook by either clicking on the blog post title, then copying the URL and pasting it into your Facebook status box OR by clicking the SHARE button below this post.
3. We will let this contest run for 4 weeks to give you all plenty of time to think and plan. But, if you’re ready to sign up, go right ahead. Contest closes October 16th at midnight Pacific Time. We’ll pick a random winner and announce it on October 10th. After that we’ll work with each individual on getting fabric sent out AND when the time comes, getting the quilt entered into the quilt show.
4. Then, we’ll track your progress on the blog. Yup, that means we’ll feature you with a few process photos as you go so everyone out there on the internet can keep up with what you are doing. Really that means you’ll be on the hook for sending us 2-3 photos while you’re making your quilt and then sharing photos with us after you enter. And, if you’re a budding (or veteran) designer, we’ll be happy to plug your business here, too!
5. Good luck and have fun!! Can’t wait to hear about your ideas. Feel free to post links to inspiration on your pinterest boards or what have you. We love seeing that!!